Tornado/Windstorm Damage – Commercial Insurance Claims
Over the past year, outbreaks of severe storms and tornadoes have resulted in massive destruction throughout the Midwest. Following these storms, many business owners are left wondering “What’s next?”. While the hardest hit counties qualified for FEMA federal disaster assistance, insurance is still the main course to financial recovery for most business owners. As the recovery efforts begin, many business owners are faced with the daunting insurance claims process.
After a Tornado/Windstorm:
- Fully inspect your property for structural damage from wind, hail, or water before you enter the property;
- Contact your insurance company to report your claim, as well as to find out when you can expect the insurance adjuster to arrive;
- Take photos or video footage of your property to document the extent of the damage;
- Secure your property to prevent further damage;
- Keep track of all recovery-related expenses and receipts to file with your property insurance claim; and
- Consider hiring a public adjuster to assist you with your tornado/windstorm damage claim.
Our public adjusters can help by:
- Fully reviewing your insurance coverage;
- Determining policy compliance issues;
- Developing a claim management strategy;
- Completing detailed valuations of building, equipment and inventory losses;
- Formulating business interruption models;
- Assembling comprehensive claim presentations with expert reports; and
- Expediting the insurance claims entire process.
Our public adjusters work exclusively for the policyholder—not the insurance company—enabling us to act in your best interest. As your advocate, we ensure that both you and your business’ tornado/windstorm damage claim are treated fairly by the insurance company.
Who have we helped?
Having never been through a large property damage claim before, We knew that we needed a professional on our team to provide guidance and direction and to protect our best interests in the settlement of the claim. Your involvement freed up our time so that we could stay focused on rebuilding our business.
Erin D. Van den Branden
President and CEO
Hoak Media Corporation
Our insurance claims experts have helped thousands of business owners across all types of industries. We encourage you to look through our references and testimonials and to contact us for recommendation letters. An internal review showed that our clients felt we delivered what we promised and would work with us again—facts we are proud of. We welcome the opportunity to put you in touch with past clients so you can ask them yourself.
We highly recommend that you check references of any public insurance adjuster you are considering hiring. Over 4,500 satisfied clients attest to the fact that we stick by our core principles, the first of which is to always look out for our clients’ best interests.
Listen to our podcast on “Business Income Insurance: Understanding Business Income Coverage” for tips from our experts:
For additional information, visit:
- Our Clients’ Results
- “Top Ten Tips from Our Public Adjusters for Dealing with an Insured Property Loss”
- “Do You Need a Public Adjuster?”